The most recent report from the Nelson Mandela Bay municipality indicates that the following roads were closed due to the heavy rains we have experienced over the past few days.
- Upper Seaview Road
- Third Avenue dip, Newton Park
- N2 at Blue Horizon Bay
- Blackthorne Avenue in Forest Hill
- R333 Kudu Kloof
- Culturama Road in Rocklands
- Kempston Road and Cresswell Road intersection
- Intersection of Old Uitenhage Road and Nooitgedacht Road
- Riverstone Bridge
- Boundary Lane in Mount Pleasant
- Izinyoka Road in Govan Mbeki area
The bridge between Booysen Park and Kleinskool off the old Uitenhage Road also collapsed last night, while the Chelmsford Avenue bridge off Targetkloof collapsed on Saturday evening.
There is also a large section of Third Avenue Walmer, on route to the Port Elizabeth Airport, that has also collapsed.
A section of the road surface of the left hand lane of Brickmakers Kloof, heading down from Central towards Bridge Street has also washed away and motorists are advised to exercise caution in this area.
Reports also indicate that the area of the N2 near the Standford Road offramp, which was affected by previous rainfall, is once again extremely uneven and may cause additional delays this morning.