- Sci & Tech
- Contact Us
Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
The ANC Youth League has rejected reports that its treasurer general Pule Mabe has been suspended from its national executive committee.
“The unethical conduct of claiming to have internal sources in the ANCYL is not only disgusting, but utterly unprofessional,” ANCYL spokesman Floyd Shivambu said in a statement on Monday.
“The ANCYL demands immediate apologies from all the media houses that spread lies about the internal processes and discussions of the ANCYL.”
Shivambu said the ANCYL would seek legal advice on how to curb misleading reporting by the media.
“The ANCYL calls on all its members and supporters to ignore newspapers that spread lies and are engaged in disinformation campaigns.”
Earlier on Monday, it was reported that Mabe had been suspended from the ANCYL pending disciplinary action.
He was reportedly suspended following a special ANCYL NEC meeting held in Johannesburg at the weekend. However, Mabe attended the ANCYL’s media briefing on Monday morning at ANC headquarters at Luthuli House. He sat next to Malema and answered questions on his behalf.
“Media detractors should altogether stop using my name to drive divisions within the ANCYL, because such attempts will never succeed,” Mabe said.
Last year, Mabe was charged along with Malema, deputy president Ronald Lamola, secretary general Sindiso Magaqa, deputy secretary general Kenetswe Mosenogi and Shivambu for barging into a meeting of ANC leaders.
However, in February the ANC’s national disciplinary committee of appeals dismissed the charge.